Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Top 10 Reasons To Get A Weekly Fruit Delivery To Your Office
Whether you have been working from home and just getting back into the office or you have been working in the office throughout this pandemic there is no better time to get some fresh fruits delivered to your office for that summer health kick... Check out our 10 top reasons why this is a good idea. Happy reading :)
- Not only is fruit yummy and very tasty it also contains lots of VITAMINS to keep us healthy and potentially stop us from getting sick. Our body needs all types of vitamins and we can get this from fruit.
- Vitamin C which can be found in Citrus fruits has a strong antioxidant that protects and strengthens our immune system. For example, oranges contain 53 mg of vitamin c per 100 grams. One medium orange delivers 70 mg of vitamin c. Other citrus fruits such as grapefruit, mandarins and limes are also good sources of vitamin c.
- Vitamin A found in stone fruits like apricots and nectarines can fight infections, inflammation and helps with brain, heart, kidney and immune function. Vitamin A which can also be known as retinol can be found in the following fruits mango, cantaloupe melons, grapefruit, watermelon, papaya, apricot, tangerine and nectarines.
- Vitamin E is mainly found in berries and kiwi’s, this strengthens immunity, eyesight and encourages healthy skin. Vitamin E is also really important in the formation of red blood cells. If your a lover of avocados then this is great for your vitamin E, one avocado can contain up to 20% of your vitamin E requirement!
- Potassium, which can be found in bananas, oranges, honeydew melons and apricots, can support your blood pressure, cardiovascular health and decrease fatigue. Potassium is one of the most important minerals in the body, it helps regulate fluid balance, muscle contractions and nerve signals, so lucky for us this is in so many of our favourite fruits!
- Fibre can be found in most fruits (which are easy to eat in the office) which are apples, bananas, oranges, strawberries and raspberries for a boost. Dietary fibre assists in bowel health maintain blood sugar levels and overall health. There is strong evidence to show eating plenty of fibre is associated with a lower risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and bowel cancer. Apples, bananas, oranges and strawberries all have around 3 to 4 grams of fibre but if you eat the apple peels that is where the most fibre is!
- Stop the NAUGHTY SNACKS throughout the day! When we are all feeling tired and stressed we seem to turn to sugar or caffeine but if there is a lovely bowl of fruit sitting in the office hopefully this will distract everyone from those naughty snacks! It is known that sugar crashes generally cause us to be incredibly distracted throughout the day, which leads to a lack of productivity and concentration.
- Having fruit delivered to your office regularly is also good for the ENVIRONMENT as this stops staff driving to and from shops to get snacks as they have fresh fruit on their desk! So this will create less traffic on the road and also fewer distractions for staff being in and out of the office throughout the day. Also at Bobtail Fruit, we will recycle all of our packagings and therefore this is also good for the Environment. We can deliver our fruit in boxes, which will be collected and recycled or our drivers are more than happy to pack the fruit out into baskets or whichever is easiest for you. Either way, there is no packaging going to waste :)
- Overall fruit BOOSTS PRODUCTIVITY, ENERGY AND WELLBEING! It is known that providing fresh fruit to employee’s desks increases their productivity by more than 10 per cent and helps and encourages them to maintain a healthier lifestyle in and out of work. Offering them healthy snacks also encourages them to have a healthy lunch which makes them feel more positive and better in themselves compared to chocolate and unhealthy lunch. Giving employees fruit each day makes them feel like a valued members of staff which will generally make them have a more productive day with a positive attitude.
- Not only can we deliver fresh fruit each day we also offer other products, Bobtail Fruit AND MORE! We offer a wide range of fresh vegetables (just in case you have a kitchen that cooks or you prefer a carrot as a snack). We do all dairy products, as well as all non-dairy milk and it doesn't stop there! Want to provide your employees with options for breakfast? We do bread, cereal, yoghurts, cereal bars, tea, coffee, juices. The list is never-ending :) We can deliver all of the above right to your kitchen if needed to make it a hassle-free experience!
- The important 5 A DAY! Not only is this good for children, but it is also good for adults. Most adults don’t stick to their 5 a day and therefore getting fresh fruit delivered daily to your office will encourage employees to stick to their 5 a day. 80 grams of fresh fruit counts as 1 portion towards your 5 a day, this can be one piece of fruit which is the size of a tennis ball or 2 pieces of fruit the size of an egg. Encourage your staff to maintain the 5 a day even if it is with one portion per day.
- Is a staff benefit at a LOW COST. Getting fruit delivered each day or each week is a huge benefit for staff as it makes them feel like a valued member of staff but also is good for their energy levels and well being so it is a good all-rounder, for employers, as it is not costing them a huge amount of money, and for the employees as they feel valued and more healthy, and if they feel valued and, healthier this will have an impact on their workload which the employer and employee will benefit from.
- Not only does the fruit taste nice but it also looks GREAT around the office. It brings colour and looks welcoming when walking into the office for your day's work. With our drivers being experienced they are happy to pack out your fruit into the bowls to make sure they are displayed the best way possible. Firstly to make sure that none of the fruit gets bruised and damaged but also to look beautifully displayed which will make you want to eat it! Yummy!
- With all the fresh fruit being beautifully displayed this will get all the employees talking which will IMPROVE YOUR CORPORATE IMAGE AND REPUTATION. But also any clients coming into the office will see the fruit bowls also for your employees which will get them talking too :) This is a low cost but highly visible benefit which will only create good vibes in the office. Having a good reputation will hopefully retain your employees and will make people want to come and work at your company.
- Although this is a small cost for companies, these small costs are helping SUPPORT SMALL BUSINESSES. Bobtail Fruit & More is a family run business and has been for the last 70 years. We love what we do and we are so passionate about the produce we are delivering and the service we offer. Although offering fruit to your staff is a low cost, for us, these low costs keep us going and it enables us to keep passing the family-run business down in generations.